5/8″ Drywall Fireguard Type X
Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels Firecode® X (UL Type ULIX) are the industry’s first and lightest Type X gypsum panel. These panels have been formulated to achieve all of the strength and performance characteristics as standard 5/8″ (15.9 mm) Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® Type X Gypsum Panels at a significantly reduced weight. The panels are cUL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in the most widely specified UL fire-resistance-rated wall, column, floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling assemblies where Type X or Type C panels are required. The long edges of the panels are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with CGC Sheetrock® or Synko® Brand joint treatment systems. On the face along the long edge of each panel, the UL Type Designation, ULIX, is printed for easy identification by building inspectors.
- See store for current pricing 306-652-5322
- Innovative engineered composite design makes Sheetrock® Brand UltraLight Panels Firecode® X the lightest Type X wallboard available in the industry
- Offers comparable sound strength sag and impact resistance to standard 5/8" (15.9 mm) Type X gypsum wallboard
- Listed by UL in the most widely specified wall / column / floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling assemblies (refer to specific UL designs for complete details)
- Comply with ASTM C1396 Standard Specification for Gypsum Board for 5/8" (15.9 mm) and Type X gypsum wallboard
- Approved by UL for use in fire-rated partitions when installed horizontally with aligned tapered edges
- cUL Classification as to fire resistance surface-burning characteristics and noncombustibility (CAN/ULC-S114)
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)
Interested In this Product?
Fill Out This Form And We'll Get Back To You!