Profix Multirapid Thinset Mortar 22.7kgPRFMURAGREY50LB - In Stock
Fast-setting, thin-set mortar. The PROFIX mortars are composed of hydraulic cement that has been reinforced with additives and polymers. Profix manufacture these mortars so that their performance lives up to customers’ expectations, while still being easy to use. These mortars can be used on floors and on walls. Hybrid technology, exclusive to PROFIX, makes traditional mortars more versatile. This technology is used in most PROFIX thin-set mortars. HYBRID technology solves two key aspects of ceramic installation: Horizontal Installation: When installing large-sized tiles, the extra weight can cause the mortar to sag underneath, in which case, there is less mortar in direct contact with the back of the tile. This can cause bonding problems and make a levelled installation more difficult. HYBRID mortars are formulated to increase slump resistance on large-sized tile installations. Vertical Installation: HYBRID technology gives the mortar greater slip resistance, and is therefore ideal for your vertical installation.
- 22.7 kg covers 65 sq.ft. (using a 1/4’’ x 3/8’’ trowel)
- HYBRID technology
- Excellent fast-setting mortar
- Initial drying time of 3 hours
- Extended pot life (45 minutes)
- For residential and light commercial use
- Recommended for covering and installing over in-floor heating
- Shear strength (porcelain on porcelain): 450 psi
- Meets or exceeds ANSI A118.4 and A118.11
- During the course of a job your mortar may become denser in the pail. It is recommended to remix it without adding water using a mixer designed for this purpose. Too much water dilutes the product and the results become unpredictable and variable.
- *Fast-setting mortar is mainly used by professionals with experience in tile installation. Use when time is short or when tiles need to be grouted with little waiting time (3 to 4 hours after laying tiles). The curing of the cement is faster due to the accelerators in its composition. Once the mortar has been mixed with water you have approximately 45 minutes to install your tiles (depending on ambient temp).
Interested In this Product?
Fill Out This Form And We'll Get Back To You!